Warning: array_shift() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /htdocs/public/www/config/ecran_securite.php on line 283
17 visitas ahora
Sweet Misery is the movie that Pepsi and Coca Cola don’t want you to see. Now at last the enlightening film is available on the Internet, in its entirety. Dr. Mercola’s Comments: "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World" reveals one of the most pervasive, insidious forms of corporate negligence since tobacco. It is an expose on one of the most deadly chemicals you could find in your food: the artificial sweetener aspartame. Aspartame products have littered supermarket shelves for almost 30 years, and there are now an estimated 9.000 of them. Aspartame is also a hidden ingredient in many pharmaceutical drugs.
The FDA has received over 10.000 complaints regarding adverse reactions to aspartame. By the FDA’s own admission, less than 1 percent of those who experience a reaction to a product ever report it, which translates to roughly a million people who have experienced adverse reactions to aspartame.
A survey conducted by the Calorie Control Council (CCC) reports the following disturbing statistics about current popularity of “low-calorie, sugar-free products” [i]:
* 79 percent of American adults still regularly consume low-calorie and sugar-free products, most of which contain artificial sweeteners.
* 59 percent of Americans still drink diet soft drinks.
* 49 percent of Americans still use sugar substitutes.
If you are one of these statistics, you should watch this film immediately—before you become a Far Grimmer Statistic.
What you don’t know can hurt you.
This Film Can Literally Save Your Life.
The beautiful aspect of this movie is that, in a short 90 minutes, you will finally understand why aspartame is a toxic poison you need to avoid at all costs.
There are few things you can do in 90 minutes that can make a Huge impact on your health—but this is one of them.
The toxic long-term effects of aspartame are often dismissed as a "hoax" by the sweetener industry; however this documentary thoroughly unravels truths far more disturbing than any "hoax".
So, grab a tall glass of filtered water and your favorite nutritious snack, plop down in your most comfy chair, and prepare to be blown away.
One Woman’s Nightmarish Aspartame Journey
Part documentary and part detective story, “Sweet Misery” starts with filmmaker and narrator Cori Brackett’s poignant story about how she discovered aspartame’s ill effects. Brackett had a strange cause-and-effect experience with the diet cokes she was drinking and quickly found herself disabled and diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
Her condition quickly progressed to the point that she had double vision, slurred speech, and weak limbs forcing her to use a wheelchair.
When she read an article about aspartame being connected to many health problems, Cori immediately quit using products that contained aspartame—like diet soda.
And magically, many of her symptoms disappeared.
Cori Brackett’s journey takes us across the United States to learn more about the devastating effects of aspartame from an impressive list of medical experts —including renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Russell Blaylock , Dr. Betty Martini , two respected physicians and one psychologist.
All experts agreed: aspartame is poison .
Stunning Evidence of Corporate Fraud and Manipulation.
Aspartame’s approval by the FDA may be the most controversial of any food additive in history!
A close examination of the process by which the FDA approved aspartame illustrates how powerful corporations are influencing your once-trusted institutions . In “Sweet Misery” you’ll hear this incredible story, featuring:
* Archival footage from G.D. Searle, the producer of aspartame, and federal officials demonstrating the amount of propaganda and "dirty tricks" big business used to push aspartame into the market, including deceptive safety studies.
* Many heart-wrenching testimonials by aspartame victims, including one by a woman serving prison time for murdering her husband, who claims he actually died of aspartame toxicity.
* Key dialogue with Arthur Evangelista , a former Food and Drug Administration investigator, who exposes how far major conglomerates went to legalize the use of aspartame.
* Consumer Attorney Jim Turner’s candid report of his exchange with Donald Rumsfeld. Rumsfeld was the CEO of Searle, and at the same time, part of Reagan’s transition team when the FDA’s board of inquiry was overruled to allow the marketing of Aspartame as a food additive. Prior to this time, aspartame was unanimously rejected by the FDA.
A Crash Course in Aspartame Toxicity
Over the past three decades, aspartame has been associated with multiple neurotoxic, metabolic, allergenic, fetal and carcinogenic effects. Yet it remains a multi-million dollar business today.
Known to erode intelligence and disturb short-term memory, the components of this toxic chemical may lead to a wide variety of ailments.
The following list of health problems are now associated with aspartame consumption:
* Brain tumors, including brain cancer: Aspartame can disturb the metabolism of amino acids, protein structure and metabolism, the integrity of nucleic acids, neuronal function and depolarization, and endocrine balance, ultimately leading to tumor growth and cancer. In 1981, an FDA statistician stated the brain tumor data on aspartame was “so worrisome" that he could not recommend approval of aspartame (NutraSweet).
* Leukemia and lymphoma: Two major studies have now confirmed this risk.
* Birth defects: A study funded by Monsanto to look at possible birth defects caused by aspartame was cut off after preliminary data revealed fetal damage.
* A variety of diseases including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue.
* Emotional disorders like depression[ii], panic attacks, bipolar disorder, and other mental symptoms[iii]: A study from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine concluded: “individuals with mood disorders are particularly sensitive to this artificial sweetener” and should not use it.
* Epilepsy/seizures: Numerous studies indicate that aspartame makes epilepsy/seizures worse[iv].
* Migraines: 18 million people suffer from migraines, and aspartame may be one of the biggest culprits. Headaches are the most common complaint of aspartame users.
* Hearing loss and tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
* Blindness, blurred vision and other eye problems: More about this in the film “Sweet Misery”—take the time to watch it!
* Stomach disorders
* Heart disease
* Impaired kidney function: A 2009 study found a two-fold increased risk of a decline in kidney function among women who drank two or more artificially sweetened beverages per day.
* Weight gain: Aspartame actually causes you to consume More food by tricking your brain into “expecting” some calories, which aren’t forthcoming. This results in more cravings and more consumption after you eat or drink aspartame ...bad news for your weight loss program!
If you aren’t familiar with all the potential health hazards you could be at risk for by consuming this deadly sweetener, "Sweet Misery" will indeed open your eyes to a biomedical genocide that has been covered up for far too long.
If you want more information on aspartame , please check out the collection of articles listed on my aspartame page.
Here are some key people, organizations and links mentioned in the film:
[ii] Walton RG, Hudak R, and Green-Waite RJ. “Adverse reactions to aspartame: Double-blind challenge in patients from a vulnerable population” Biol Psychiatry 1993 Jul 1-15;34(1-2):13-7
[iii] Martini B. Letter to the editor of Time Magazine
[iv] “Summary of aspartame-induced seizures issue”, Holisticmed.com